Acne! It definitely doesn’t pose a serious threat to your life or health, but acne occurring on typical areas like the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders can be great source of agony and emotional distress.
Acne is like the other growing up woes: they normally disappear as soon as those crazy adolescent days are over.
But there are people who are not that lucky: they may be bothered by acne well through their 20’s, 30’s and even beyond.
When acne becomes a nagging irritant like this and disrupts the normal rhythm of life, you must stop experimenting with commercial products and zero in on a package of home remedies.
Five acne home remedies:
1. The first step to acne treatment is cleansing: if you want to keep your face free of acne, you should follow a cleansing regimen everyday. The best cleanser is always made at home. Here is how: add few drops of lemon juice to a small bowl full of milk. Don’t boil the milk; use it as it comes fresh from packet. Soak a cotton wool into the liquid; drab it through your skin; wait for ten minutes or as long as it takes to dry; rinse the face thoroughly.
This home remedy has a very effective deep cleansing effect. Following this everyday will help prevent the clogging of skin pores—the main culprit for causing acne.
2. The next step involves exfoliation for removing the dead skin cells from your skin that leads to the growth of acne causing bacteria on your face. A great home made exfoliating scrub can be prepared with gram flour, oats, a few drops of lemon and a pinch of cocoa powder. Add some warm water to this mixture to bring it to semi liquid state and then apply it all over your face. Wait for ten minutes before rinsing.
3. Next you have to tone the face skin with some home made skin tonic. For acne prone skin, rose water makes the best toner. Another option is a combination of cucumber and lemon juice. For your convenience, you can preserve this concoction as ice cubes—before stepping out; just rub this ice cube over your face to get an instant brightness.
4. The acne skin care regimen should also involve the nourishment of your skin. For that you have to go for a suitable face pack twice a month. The clove based masks work well for acne prone skins. The lentil based face packs are also good for acne skin care. To prepare this you will need lentil powder (50g), orange peels ground with little water (of one medium size orange) and rose- water. Apply this mixture for about an hour and then scrap it off from the face carefully before rinsing off the face.
5. Sometimes you may need localized treatment for one or two eruptions that suddenly occur on your otherwise clear skin. The immediate address of the problem becomes absolute necessary when you have an important appointment for next day and have discovered the possibility of rashes just before going to bed. At this stage you need an overnight treatment; the magic can be done with the paste of fenugreek leaves and sandal wood powder. Mix these two ingredients together and locally apply them over the acne. This will give you a face clear enough to appear for the appointment with confidence.
The effective acne skin care regimen is nothing but blocking the signs of danger before they finally find out the rout to your skin. The above mentioned home remedies are sure to succeed because they take proper care of your skin while controlling the attack of acne.