How do you know you’re suffering from heartburn symptoms and acid reflux? With almost one in two people in the US alone suffering some form of heartburn in their lives from mild to severe, it’s an issue which deserves plenty of attention.
In this article, we’ll give you a check list of heartburn symptoms which you can record and take to your doctor for further discussion. The aim here is to help you recognize what symptoms could be contributing to your discomfort and then working through a way to manage them with the help and guidance of your doctor.
Symptoms of Heartburn
Frequent attacks are a sure sign you could be experiencing something a little more sinister. Being affected two or more times a weeks means it’s time to introduce a good management program to ease the incidence of attack. Here are eight symptoms to make special note of:
1. The feeling of food appearing to lodge or be stuck in the throat during or after a meal.
2. Sour or bitter taste in your mouth. Usually this occurs following a meal.
3. Chest pains are a real concern. Frequent chest pains are a real sign of heartburn issues. Many people will confuse these types of pain with a heart attack.
4. Many people don’t realize having a hoarse throat can be a sure symptom. It’s relatively common, but combined with other symptoms then again, it’s another sign to take consideration of.
5. Regular use of over the counter antacid products without little relief means a more serious problem could be brewing.
6. Suffering from a sore or sensitive throat.
7. What foods tend to bring on an attack? By making note of the foods or drink you consume and whether there’s any coincidence between what you consume and when an attack occurs means it’s time to consider some serious food management.
8. Do you suffer heartburn symptoms shortly after going to bed at night? Lying down can trigger symptoms and if you’re in this category then it could be a combination of things including eating too close to bed time.