Menopause symptoms come in many shapes and sizes. In fact, some even come disguised as conditions totally unrelated. One of the best defenses against handling the symptoms of menopause is preparation.
This means preparing during you late 20s and 30s mental and physical activity. Preparing mentally is simply a case of knowing about menopause, it’s effects and treatment options available.
Preparing physically is a combination of good diet and exercise. Calcium rich foods are a good start to combat rapid bone loss while exercise helps maintain good fitness levels.
When physical and mental preparation is used in unison over a long period of time, symptoms will be much easier to cope with.
The Menopause Check List
Menopause symptoms are numerous.
1. Hot flashes are a result of declining estrogen levels and most women will experience them. They can leave a woman feeling flushed or can come in the form of night sweats.
2. Shorter periods, longer periods, heavy, light and false alarms will be common during the early stages.
3. Mood swings have a double whammy effect.
4. Insomnia is common among women with menopause and in fact, is tied to mood swings and irritability. Lack of sleep can lead to various forms of mood behavior. Insomnia is usually the result of suffering night sweats.
5. Loss of libido is another common symptom and not only affects a woman suffering it, but will cause issues with her partner. Many women actually suffer libido loss so severe that they actually find sex disgusting.
6. One of the factors leading to a loss of libido is loss of hormones but dry vagina syndrome plays a major part during this time. A dry vagina makes having sex painful and many women simply choose not to participate.
7. Depressive thoughts can have a serious effect on a woman’s health and relationships with those close to her. Thoughts of impending doom and suicide can pervade her thoughts so be aware of this if depression is affecting you and see your doctor post haste.
8. Menopause symptoms can come in the form of weight gain which is a serious issue for many. A sensible diet with accompanying exercise is one way to keep those waistlines from diminishing.