Asthma Symptom – 5 Asthma Symptoms You Don’t Want To Ignore
Asthma can be triggered by a variety of things and recognizing an asthma symptom before it escalates into a more serious situation is all part of the management process.
It’s all very well to avoid known triggers however, just because you may do this effectively, it doesn’t mean you’re immune from asthma attack. So what are some of the symptoms associated with asthma?
Asthma Symptom Warning Signs
Let’s take a look at five symptoms which can signal an attack is imminent. Using the term attack may sound like warfare but in actual reality, it is. You need to put yourself in command of the situation and in a position to repel possible attacks when they occur. Again, it’s part of the management process.
An asthma symptom could be any one of the following:
1. Having shortness of breath. This is one of the most obvious symptoms and in many cases, a person doesn’t have a lot of time to act. Other symptoms include coughing and wheezing.
2. If your a sufferer and suddenly feel chest pain don’t ignore it. The pain can be accompanied by a general tightness of the chest.
3. Sleep can be affected by asthma symptoms. If you’re having trouble maintaining long periods of sleep due to breathing difficulties, coughing and wheezing then rather than hope it will go away, you need to seek professional medical advice.
4. Inhalers have been a tremendous innovation for sufferers and in many cases have prevented life threatening attacks. However, if you’re using your rescue inhaler in an increased fashion; more than you normally do, take this as another asthma symptom.
5. Having your breathing capacity tested is vital as a sufferer. If your peak flow rate is decreased and your breathing is becoming difficult, then it’s time again to get checked by your doctor.