It is very important that parents get involved with their kids especially when it comes to their health and well being.
This is the reason why a lot of parents must be aware of the signs of autism to know if their child or children must be brought to a medical specialist to seek professional help and treatments. CDC statistics reveals that one in 50 children can be positive for autism. Most of these children though are not diagnosed as early as possible so that the prognosis for the outcome can be better. Therefore, in order to help concerned parents here are some signs of autism to watch out for.
Indicators of Autism
- One sign that your child has autism is if by the age of one your child is still unable to point at objects, babble words or make any meaningful gestures or signs. Normally, babies must be able to speak a clear word or two by the age of one. However, autistic children usually are unable to even speak a clear word by 16 months.
- Toddlers by the age of two are able to put words together to talk and communicate with other people. Nevertheless, this is not the case for autistic children; one early sign of autism is that by the age of two an autistic child is unable to put two words together.
- It is normal for an infant or a child to respond to a call of a loved one or a member of the family specially if that person calls the baby by their name. This can’t be done by babies impaired with autism. They cannot respond to names.
- Human beings are very social beings that even at an early age we all learn to socialize and communicate through words, actions, eye contacts and such. Nevertheless, for autistic kids, they find it very hard to interact socially with people because they cannot communicate with them. They cannot use language as a means of communication with other people that is why they usually confine themselves in their own little world where they feel safe and secure.
- Toys play a major part in the cognitive development of a child. However, if the cognitive development as well as the motor development of a child is impaired with autism, a child may find it hard to play with some toys. They usually just play with one familiar toy and emotionally attach themselves to this toy. These kids do not regularly smile at other people or during play time
- Another sign of autism is that the child seems to have hearing impairment because they do not respond to a call or to someone talking to them. They usually block these people out of their lives to avoid frustration.
In very rare cases, children who also talk very well and who have excellent language skills can also have autism. This is much scarier because since the child seems to be normal or do not exhibit the usual signs of autism and the parents usually fail to recognize the fact that the child needs special treatment.
It is very important to understand and remember that there are also a lot of explanations of why these things happen. Children have variable development time. Not manifesting expected behavior may really be caused at times by delayed developmental processes. Thus, these are just guidelines of what are usually the signs of autism in most of the autistic kids. It is very important that if a parent sees these early signs of neurological problems, they must immediately ask for professional help and treatment to make sure that the child can have a better shot at developing more normally.
Study Unwittingly Links Vaccines to Autism
Producer of Movie Exposing Link between Vaccines And Autism Is Banned from Australia
Autism – Facts, Causes and Prevention | Mercola.com
Trump: I’m In Favor of Vaccines, But Dosage and Time Has Link to Autism
[amazon_link asins=’1476776245,1462517471,1935274651′ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’datasynthesis’ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’524689a1-7eee-11e7-8784-112ba3b5da20′]